Every application is unique, so each situation requires an individual assessment for fly killer siting, however, there are basic principals that should be followed:
Recommend enough Electric Fly Killers to cover the area to be protected in line with the recommended coverage guidelines for each model
Install Electric Fly Killers away from sources of light competition, such as windows, doors and high powered luminaires
Consider sources of heat and airflow, such as heaters / AC units
Don’t install Electric Fly Killers directly above sensitive areas, such as food preparation areas
Glue board fly killer units should be used in sensitive applications such as food preparation or production areas
Consider access for installation and future servicing
Wherever possible, Electric Fly Killers should be positioned at 90° to sources of natural light, such as windows, doors and skylights
Electric Fly Killers should be positioned in between potential entry points, so as to intercept flying insects before they reach sensitive areas
Electric Fly Killers should not be sited either too high or too low in the area to be protected, with an optimum height of around 2m, for most flying insect species
Before Cleaning and Maintenance
• Always switch off the power and disconnect the appliance from the power supply before cleaning.
• Clean the collection tray regularly with warm soapy water.
• DO NOT immerse the appliance in water. Wipe the safety guard and external casing with a damp cloth.
• Change the bulbs every 6 to 9 months.
Changing the Bulb
WARNING: Always turn Off the appliance and disconnect from the power supply before changing the bulb.
1. Remove the catch tray.
2. Lay the appliance face down.
3. Unscrew the two screws holding the safety guard
at the rear of the Fly Killer [Fig. 1].
4. Lift up the guard rail [Fig. 2].
5. Holding the ends of the bulb, twist it ‘forwards’ in
its socket until it clicks [Fig. 3].
6. Slide the bulb up out of its sockets [Fig. 4].
7. Replace with a new bulb.
8. Twist the new bulb ‘backwards’ to lock it back in place.
9. Replace the guard rail and the two screws.